Are you planning a visit with your school? If so, get in touch in advance with Jelle Deltombe via firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a special price for school groups: 2 euros per child. Accompanying adults are admitted free. There must be at least one adult per 10 children.
Anselm Adornes, your guide to the Middle Ages
- Teachers can use the following themes (which are also covered in the didactic museum) as inspiration:
- The life of Anselm Adornes (1424-1483), businessman, knight and diplomat (12 minute film)
- Tournaments and the Order of the White Bear
- Alum, a precious commodity (commerce, wool dyeing process and fabric making)
- Pilgrimage to the Holy Land, voyages and diplomacy
- Devotion to Jerusalem, Saint Catherine and the relics
- Stained-glass windows, a craft.
- Numerous history of art themes can be broached in the Chapel (15th and 16th century Flemish painting among others).
One-day visit to Bruges
Bruges is a city with a huge amount to see. The Grote Markt, the Belfry, the beguinage, the Basilica of the Holy Blood, the Minnewater Park,... these are just a few of the many places of interest the city has to offer. So a visit to the Adornes Domain could be part of a well-filled programme for the day.
For more tourist information about Bruges you can visit the City of Bruges website.